Friday, April 22, 2011

Update to keep Smiley happy

Okay, this isn't a proper blog post because it's 10:54pm, I'm playing on the lap top in bed and I'm keen to watch "Coronation Street" on demand since I missed Thursday's episode. Christchurch wasn't nearly as terrifying as I'd anticipated. Remember that spiritual attack thing I mentioned a few blogs back? Let's just say that I'm glad I didn't chicken out and very glad that I went on this trip. It was intense. We worked hard with the kids program in the mornings and physical relief work in the afternoons. We smashed concrete, loaded trailers, weeded gardens, dug a trench, shoveled silt (the WORST job ever!), pitched tents and delivered chemical toilets. I got to know and respect the others on the team in a new and wonderful way. Sooooo happy that I went. It was a good growing experience for me and I hope we managed to do something useful along the way.

Okay...so I did cry on the plane during takeoff...both ways. And I probably broke all of K's fingers in the process.  But it's just not natural I tell ya! Good job God was holding the thing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment