Friday, July 23, 2010

Wish for a sure thing


Have you ever wondered what you would wish for if you knew you could choose just one thing? I think about it sometimes and having gotten over the Alladin's Lamp Syndrome, I think I have it figured out.  My biggest wish ever - and I hope this doesn't sound too corny - is to see Jesus smiling at me.  Well, that and a Chicken Costume, but I could only choose one wish for the time being.

I just want to have that special look that says, "Hey Ange, I'm pleased with you. I've always loved you but as well as that, I want you to know that you make me smile because I like you."

Knowing that Jesus loves me is pretty academic. A lot of us are told that from songs we may have heard during childhood. Do you hear strains of "Jesus loves me..." running through your mind? But I think that knowing that He likes me is just that little bit more personal and special. We've all had times when we've been made to feel pretty crappy, especially when we were kids. Whether it was a put down from a teacher or the other kids mocking us. Experiences like that can really knock your confidence and have those doubts sneaking in about whether or not you're really worth anything.  Since God sent Jesus, he must obviously think we're worth a lot more than we give ourselves credit for.  I don't think Jesus would take any of it back.  Even though I'm a dork and I stuff up on a daily basis, he still wants me to hang out with Him.
So I think my wish might just come true because Jesus likes me this I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment